We are a group of Jewish and non-Jewish believers in Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah in Portland, OR.
Answers to the most commonly asked questions about our congregation:
1. Our congregation was founded in the 80’s by a core group of Jewish believer’s in Yeshua of Nazareth, the Messiah of Israel. Since then we have been joined by many Christians, seeking to learn the Jewish roots of their faith in the One they know as Jesus.
2. Yes, we are open to anyone wishing to come and worship with us. All we ask is that you come in a spirit of peace, dress modestly and not be disruptive.
3. Yes, we have a Shabbat School for children ages 5 and up.
4. Our services are a blend of traditional Hebrew liturgy, Jewish folk dance, and modern church services. We begin at 10:30 am and conclude around 12:30 pm. A time of fellowship follows the service.
5. We are conservative in our interpretation and application of the Scriptures.
6. We observe the Jewish "mo'adim" or appointed times as listed in Leviticus 23 such as Passover, Feast of Trumpets etc.
7. As a congregation we hold that a person is not saved by works in any form, but by the grace of God through faith in the completed work of Yeshua on our behalf.
8. That both Jew and Gentile are brought together under the headship of Yeshua into His body, the congregation. As such we together share in the rich root of our heritage.